Q&A part 3:
Leave questions underneath for answers in Q&A part 4!
answers for last time:
-Does that mean that all 4-letter characters are important?
> Only the ones that matter, but yes.
- Is Ariara well and truly vaporized, or do you plan on pulling a G.R.R.M. and leave it ambiguous until a later time because we "never found a body?"
> Well any normal person or spirit user hit directly by that blast would basically be reduced to charred bones, or at least a very well done serving of hard-to-identify-who.
Maybe with some absurd level of spiritual defence, combined with gold, anti-magic items or other means of decreasing the full force of the blast someone could come out alive ... but the end result still wouldn't be pretty.
- How is Burk's power classified? Free, potential, pandemonium or something else?
> Burk doesn't fall in any of the typical magical categories.
If he does weird things, surely there's something else going on. (not being tongue in cheek or lying, he's not a free magic, potential or pandemonium user)
>I'm guessing that there is another, undetectable kind of magic that regular people can access with training, exhibited by Lacey, Guy, Daryll, and Burk. Is this true, or are these guys just really skilled?
- Well the comic's general aesthetic and style are somewhat cartoony, so for particularly skilled fighters I make use of some exaggeration to make combat look more fun.
e.g. Lacey spinning around using his wires is just Lacey being really gifted at using his bodily motion in combat.
>What's in Hevel's mouth? If it's a cigarette, why isn't it ever lit?
- A good question, canonically many other characters actually do wonder as well.
>Mage Baron ok?
Burk dental plan?
If Burk 5 are 1, who 2?
- Mage Baron not ok.
- That would be useful yes, until then, missing tooth.
- IF there is a "2", they'll probably show up at some point.
> Right now we know that gold and black crystals like the one Tobi got in Death Run are good against magic users. But would they work against The Jugde and Piper Pol and the others who use the power of the Mage King as well or would they be useless?
- They would work because they specifically counter magic.
gold is unaffected by magic, and magic using a proxy like piper is still magic, so still won't affect gold.
black crystals prevent magic users from using their powers entirely, the same rule applies to proxies.
> The ghouls in Tobis story said they were adventurers like her and even said their respective classes. Will Tobi at a later date be able to choose a class just like in the dungeons back home as well?
- Well the question is, are they adventurers in the same way as Tobi was, with classes that give them actual "powers", or did they just make up the names?
If the second: yes Tobi could do that right now, and so could anyone else.
> What is the favorite food of Burk, Pablo, Noah, Aude, Tobi, Three and Herman?
Burk: Various cultural dishes that allow him to taste the local atmoshpere.
Pablo: various spicy dishes.
Noah: mostly plain dishes, seafood and rice.
Aude: When she's in a good mood she's actually mostly vegetarian!
Tobi: giant burgers the size of her head, alternatively: fast and light snacks that don't upset her stomach.
Three: does three even eat?
Herman: chicken and chocolate, not at once.
-How big is your buffer?
> usually between 230-260 pages.
-Will we get an explanation for the sudden 'Smart Burk' incident from page 887 to page 903?
> Maybe Burk is always smart but just pretending not to unless confronted by something he actually considers a threat ...
Or it was just a coincidental moment of insight.
-Are ghouls monsters or something else?
> I mean ...what counts as monsters?
- Why everyone is terrified of the ghouls?
> Y'know how beastmen are considered scary/dangerous, but have some base rules of engagement to avoid pissing them off?
Let's just say ghouls are known to be quite impulsive.
- Are there other survivors in the Smile game?
> You'll see!
- What comes next? 1,2,_
> Faceless man!