Yeah, basic human decency is really the highest level you can virtue signal at, what with you having already joined a death game.
I am starting to think that the Cop is not from Lorg or around Lorg. But actually a part of the world where decency, morals and a working society still exist.
Or he gets money/points for every "alive" vote, opposite of what I assume of Mariah. But I think his social compass is genuine.
Also I am disapointed from Foxy.
That does leave gang guy as the person who asked the most reasonable question so far.
And Cop guy does continue to reveal himself as a basically decent human being. Do like both him and ganger.
Basic human decency?
That's for people that DIDN'T sign up for this game.
Because, uh... friends?
Ah yes Decency, the biggest enemy of rationality
Wrong storyline, officer.
I wrote this just after Tobi's last chapter and almost forgot about it.
12. Tobi - Surprise twist! Tobi is evil and this is all just a trick to capture Three!
11. Three - I suppose if Smile "uploaded" something into Three while Tobi was out he could be, but otherwise I don't see it.
10. Paladin - We saw her introduction and have very good reasons to explain why she is here despite not being friends with the Smile Corporation.
9. Bindy - We saw her come her very recently and her boss is here.
8. Fox - She actually manages her anger well enough I could see it. Still because of the scene with the bomb I don't think it is her.
7. Levin - He has the right personality, but is not being subtle about it.
6. Lord Infinite - He seems too well established to be involved in this. Maybe the Infinite Gang is involved with the Smile Corporation or more likely to me he is following Tobi and Three.
5. Officer - This one is weird because I have not much to go off of, except that he might be a hidden member of the G.O. which counts against him just a tiny bit.
4. Criminal/Yellow - This to me is the most blank character in the group, just a rather standard personality. Abrasive and kind of thoughtless, to me that fits both a contestant and the host. So going off the story itself I doubt this character will stay blank for long and it may be a big reveal.
3. Smile - It is likely enough to be a double bluff, yet I feel the single bluff is more likely, by which I mean it feels too obvious. I'm guessing some previous connection with Smile Corporation, but the relationship seems to be that of a test subject.
2. Green - I think this is most likely to be the contestant who knows what experiment about from the location instead of the host. But still.
1. Maria - This one I have no explanation for, it just feels right. There is something about the behaviour they feels like it could be an act. Or it is genuine and she is here in desperation.
Well, the paladin will whoop your ass if you vote to kill. That's a pretty convincing argument to me.
Is everyone forgetting that he didn't exactly sign up for the game in the same way, say, Levin did?
@Daran: She kicked Tobi into a pit to what she assumed was certain death, and only now are you disappointed in her?
Hmm that amount of sweating makes me think there is more to it than basic human decency.
Next scene will bring as a vicious image of mass laughter.
@Bisected: I am more disappointed in a way of "I was hoping she would better herself" after having shown mercy and cooperation by Tobi. But you absolutely got a point there. Let's hope she won't disappoint me when it comes to slaughtering Levin.
@Ibri: He is sweating because he is distressed/uneasy at Foxy not showing human decency.
Which storyline features basic human decency? The one with child soldiers hunting runaways in order to escape their executions for the crime of Illegal Birth Defects?
Or the one with someone who is following a script of how "heroes" behave and otherwise seems filled with betrayal, kidnapping, corruption, murder, overpowered criminals wandering the land, and... Diplomacy...?
I think that you pretty much have to get to the game-world to find common human decency. At least with common Lorgian decency all Lorgians know what the deal is...
Basic _human_ decency?
a paladin with flesh magic, a gang chief with some kind of magic, a "virtual game escapee" girl, a faceless (presumably manufactured) doll, a weird being with a smiley face as mask, a contestant who has already shown ill intentions towards the co-players ...
I have the nagging feeling that your "basic human" might not be available or in majority at the moment ...
She cant have human decency be she isn't a human, she's a beast-person